Same as the offline diary, an online diary is a type of qualitative research that requires respondents to answer a short set of questions every day for several days in a row, usually 7 or 14 days, only that this completion is done online, in either a special platform where respondents have to log in to share their feedback or they can directly share their opinions in daily online surveys sent over via their email address. The purpose is to determine whether the consumption behavior is changing in time, how it changes, what are the reasons triggering the change and other similar aspects.
The process is pretty simple: first, respondents are recruited via a short online survey based on the profile client is looking for and asked for acceptance to participate in a subsequent online diary; then the acceptors are sent over invitations to complete the daily online surveys or the credentials to log in the online diary platform, in order to share their feedback.
DataDiggers conducts online diaries in all the countries where we own proprietary online panels (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Turkey), as well as around the world via carefully chosen local partners.
Depending on client’s requirements we can either handle the full process from recruitment to final deliverables or we can only handle the recruitment and the incentives. Either way we are always willing to run a free check on the accuracy of the translation with native speakers of local languages of field.
We employ several methods to ensure best quality for the data collected in online diaries:
- Apart from the project manager that is in permanent contact with client, two senior level local supervisors work on each project, ensuring backup throughout the project and availability of a knowledgeable contact at all times
- Project materials are proofed for translation by native speakers of each language, to make sure that client’s original goals are not missed due to poor translation
- Deliverables are thoroughly checked by two different experienced analysts to ensure accuracy before they are sent over to client.
Works best for ...
- Tracking the changes that happen in the consumers behavior within a specific amount of time and explaining the reasons behind them
- Cutting costs and fitting to tight schedules – the online diary as a significant advantage over an offline one, because the results are collected instantly, so client can receive them in real time. Moreover, an online diary is much more cost effective.