Mobile surveys are those online surveys conducted on mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets. This new methodology has taken great steps ahead within the past few years along with development of the smartphone technology and, consequently, with the huge increase in smartphone usage penetration across the world. There are virtually 2 ways to conduct mobile surveys:
- Directly in a mobile Internet browser – this way the respondents will receive a survey link by email and will fill out the study the same way they do on their PC
- Via a mobile app – in this case, online panel members are asked to download researcher’s mobile app on their own device and this way they will get future invitations to surveys.
Given the tremendous advance of the smartphone penetration across the world, we are now able to efficiently conduct mobile surveys in all the countries where own proprietary online panels (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Turkey), as well as around the world via carefully chosen partners.
Regardless of the topic, target or countries of field, we have the right experience in handling mobile surveys whether they are done via mobile app or in-browser – our staff will first evaluate the feasibility based on your specifications, will come up with constructive suggestions on how to overcome the possible caveats and an ETA for costs.
We employ several methods to ensure best quality for the data collected in mobile surveys:
- The online panels we use as a base for our mobile surveys are all made of double opt-in members, who are incentivized for their contribution and can be re-contacted if necessary
- We use specific digital fingerprinting software that automatically does members de-duplication on our end, so there is absolutely no chance for the same person to complete the survey twice or for someone who is not opening the survey from an accepted location to be able to access it
- The translation of the questionnaire is always proofed by a native speaker, so that respondents can properly understand the questions – this service is obviously free for our clients
- All the mobile surveys we conduct are de-branded
- Interviews are always run in the official local languages of each country – this way we avoid any bad data caused by insufficient understanding of the questions by the respondents
- Any respondent that provides poor quality answers (such as speedsters, flatliners etc.) is flagged and purged from panels
- Internal validation of at least 10% of interviews
- In full service project, the deliverables are thoroughly checked by our staff to ensure accuracy before they are sent over to client.
Works best for ...
- Getting instant insights and feedback from respondents right where they are – while they are shopping, dining in a restaurant, while spending their holidays etc. Being able to immediately see the survey invitation and having the time and mood to take a short survey brings along several key advantages: speed, data accuracy, a much better response rate.Mobile surveys have some limitations caused by the mobile devices themselves, which are still technically unable to support specific software. However, our staff can always provide you with free suggestions on how to tackle those limitations and what works best in each country we cover, so please get in touch with us for details.