Who we are
DataDiggers is a provider of online access panels and a fast-growing market
research agency specialized in conducting online surveys internationally. We currently own 65
proprietary panels in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Latin America and we serve clients around
the world from our offices in Romania, Canada and India.
About this role
DataDiggers is looking to strengthen its global business development squad with talented hunters that have a successful experience in selling to various verticals, preferably some of it spent in the market research industry. To qualify for this role you should have an existing network of clients who are likely to purchase market research services or be able to build one from scratch. You also need to be proficient in putting together a pipeline of opportunities in the territory you are assigned to (typically the country you live in or a part of it) that can yield recurring business on a longer term. Depending on your results in the first year with us, you get the opportunity of becoming our regional leader in your area and a full time employee, with all the perks that come with the position, managing both sales/business development staff and other types of roles required to make a positive difference to the customers. In that regard, you would act both as a manager and a mentor for all newcomers.
Typically it is full time, 9 AM to 5 PM local time, Monday to Friday, but it is entirely up to you about how much time you wish to dedicate to make it a success story.
- Reaching out to prospects using email, phone, Skype and LinkedIn, promoting our services and introducing DataDiggers to potential new clients;
- Building and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities in the region;
- Setting up face to face meetings with clients and occasionally traveling to their offices to hold presentations, have business lunches etc.;
- Attending market research trade shows in your region, networking with prospects and meeting clients;
- Manage the relationship with current customers to increase the volume of business coming from their end;
- Keeping records about clients up to date in company’s CRM;
- Occasionally handling bid requests;
- Producing reports on your work upon demand.
What we'll need from you
- At least 3 years of relevant sales/business development experience, preferably some spent in the market research industry;
- Must have experience in meeting with clients, holding live presentations in front of them or over the phone/Skype;
- Have a proven successful track record (i.e. clients won, numbers reached etc.);
- Be fluent in English;
- Be a great team player, tenacious, positive, proactive, with a strong “can do” attitude, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently at the same time, focusing on self-improving own skills;
- Be open to traveling abroad;
- Be able to work independently, without continuous supervision or tasks received on a daily/weekly basis.
You get a plus for
- Having excellent command of any other language apart from English;
- Having experience in participating to market research trade shows, either as a visitor, exhibitor or speaker;
- Having experience in working with international clients;
- Knowing your way around Gmail, SalesForce and/or online panel marketplaces such as Cint;
- Having experience in project management within the market research industry;
- Providing us with any written recommendations from peers or clients.
- Uncapped attractive sales commission on any purchase made by any new client you bring on board, for 1 year;
- Eligibility to become our full time employee and regional leader under which we may build a team gradually;
- Training on the job to better understand the particularities of the business and work flow;
- Friendly and collaborative team environment in a fast-growing multicultural company with various career advancing opportunities and possibility to travel and work overseas.
DataDiggers is an equal opportunity employer committed to foster an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected, regardless of age, nationality, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or ability.
Interested? Email your most recent CV along with your monthly salary expectations to hr[at]datadiggers-mr.com briefly describing why you think you are a good fit for this job. Please use this subject: „Business Development Manager, Remote”. Kindly note that only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you!