- March 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
A tracking study is a type of CAWI data collection that asks for the same online survey to be repeatedly sent to the same profile of online panel members in a given amount of time. The tracking studies are meant to measure the changes in consumers’ behavior and/or attitudes that may occur during that time.
In order to offer reliable results a tracking study has several strict criteria to meet:
- An identical profile of respondents in terms of various demographics (typically age, gender, region) for each time the online survey is sent (which is called a “wave”)
- The same amount of samples on each wave
- A consistent frequency of running the waves – most often the frequency is once a month.
DataDiggers conducts tracking studies in all the countries where we own strong and fast growing proprietary online panels across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas, as well as around the world via carefully chosen local partners. We can also do tracking studies based on client-supplied email lists.
Regardless of the topic, target or countries of field, we have the right experience in handling tracking studies – our staff will first evaluate the feasibility based on your specifications, will come up with insights regarding the local culture, constructive suggestions on how to overcome the possible caveats and an ETA for costs.
We employ several methods to ensure best quality for the data collected in tracking studies:
- The online panels we use are all made of double opt-in members, who are incentivized for their contribution and can be re-contacted if necessary
- We use specific digital fingerprinting software that automatically does members de-duplication on our end, so there is absolutely no chance for
- the same person to complete the survey twice or for someone who is not opening the survey from an accepted location to be able to access it
- The translation of the questionnaire is always proofed by a native speaker, so that respondents can properly understand the questions – this service is obviously free for our clients
- All the online surveys we conduct are de-branded
- Interviews are always run in the official local languages of each country – this way we avoid any bad data caused by insufficient understanding of the questions by the respondents
- Any respondent that provides poor quality answers (such as speedsters, flatliners etc.) is flagged and purged from panels
- Internal validation of at least 10% of interviews
- In full service project, the deliverables are thoroughly checked by our staff to ensure accuracy before they are sent over to client.
Works best for ...
- Measuring the changes in consumers’ behavior or attitudes within a specific amount of time.