CATI stands for Computer Assisted Telephone Interview. It is conducted with the help of a computer where the interviewer follows a script and all the questions and routing are programmed in advance. Compared to PAPI/F2F it has the great advantages of speed and costs, because data is collected in real time at client’s end.
DataDiggers conducts CATI surveys in all the countries where we own proprietary online panels (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Turkey), as well as around the world via carefully chosen partners.
We do CATI through local suppliers that own CATI stations in major cities of the region and are able to collect national representative samples across each country if needed so, or can focus on particular cities/regions only.
The online link used to collect data can be either provided by client or our team can program it internally using specialized software.
We employ several methods to ensure best quality for the data collected using CATI methodology:
- Apart from the project manager that is in permanent contact with client, two senior level local supervisors work on each project, ensuring backup throughout the project and availability of a knowledgeable contact at all times
- Project materials are proofed for translation by native speakers of each language, to make sure that client’s original goals are not missed due to poor translation
- Before starting the fieldwork we run an internal quality review of the questionnaire to check the accuracy and make suggestions to client if necessary
- Interviewers are always briefed before starting the fieldwork, with a special focus on B2B projects, so that they accurately understand project’s challenges and requirements
- Internal validation of at least 10% of interviews
- Deliverables are thoroughly checked by two different experienced analysts to ensure accuracy before they are sent over to client.
Works best for ...
- Any difficult audience that is hard to reach in an online panel (i.e. directors in a specific industry segment or companies of a particular profile)
- Territories where there are no available or reliable online panels or those with a low Internet penetration